3 Ingredients of a Balanced Life
Actionable steps to a more balanced 2019
Where did the year go? I remember New Year’s Day of 2018 like it was yesterday. And now we’re less than a few weeks away from another new year.
The holidays can serve as a valuable period of reflection and readjustment of goals and priorities. So what’s your focus for 2019? To me, living a balanced life has become increasingly more important. We live in a world in which everything competes for our time and attention. More than ever, now is the time to strive for balance and aim for peace and harmony in all we do.
But a balanced life looks different for everyone. Maybe for you it looks like being caught up on all your to-do’s so that you can be free to do the things you enjoy. Or maybe it’s being present and fully attentive to every moment and every experience life brings your way. But regardless of its various manifestations, balance ultimately comes down to stability of mind, body and spirit. Below is a breakdown of some practical steps you can take to achieve balance in each area.
Without a happy, healthy mind, success is next to impossible. So here’s what you can do.
● Keep a loose grip on that which you can’t control. This is the secret to peace of mind.
● Never stop reading and learning. These are great ways to challenge your mind and open it up to new possibilities.
● Exercise. It relieves stress and boosts your mood with endorphins.
● Express gratitude often. This practice heightens your awareness of life’s blessings.
Taking care of your body is one of the most important things you can do for yourself and your family. Here’s how.
● Eat a balanced diet (including more plant-based foods).
● Take nutritional supplements where you are deficient.
● Again, exercise regularly. This will help you maintain a healthy weight.
● Get adequate sleep. A healthy sleep pattern increases your longevity and reduces the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
● Opt for more natural remedies. Try removing toxins from your beauty regimen and from your household. Toxic ingredients found in beauty and cleaning products are linked to various health effects including cancer, toxicity to the immune system, respiratory distress, potential effects on the reproductive system and allergies.
Strengthening your relationship with your Creator will enhance your spirit. Here are a few ways to accomplish this.
● Increase your time in prayer and pray with others.
● Stay loyal and committed to your spiritual relationship.
● Serve others and your community.
● Turn all worries over to God.
● Always be wondering how you can help others rather than wondering what’s in it for you.
A balanced lifestyle allows for more productivity, focus and overall success. So here’s to maintaining balance in 2019 and beyond!
Selena Moorehead is a health and financial wellness consultant whose passion is to educate others on how healthy living transforms into financial wellness. Visit: www.AHealthierYou.today to qualify for FREE eco-friendly products AND Selena.BossWomen.today to download her FREE e-book on Six Concepts to a Successful Home Business. Connect with Selena on Facebook | Twitter @selenamoorehead or @tw4life4all, or visit www.MooreheadConsultingServices.com