Prepare yourself early for success
Do you want to do things differently in 2017? Do you want to do better than last year? Do you want to see God move in greater ways in 2017? If so, then it’s going to take more prayer and preparation. It’s also going to take determination and motivation. In addition, it’s going to take writing your vision down for 2017, early.
Don’t wait until the clock strikes 12 a.m. next year to begin. Start now! It’s great to think or dream about change, making a difference in other’s lives, being successful or going to new heights in the New Year. But without a clear vision and planning ahead, how can you truly see it happen? You must take action.
Think about it. Most of the businesses or ministries you see or hear about started with a vision. They didn’t just rise from nowhere. Someone had a burden, passion, idea or vision that needed an action plan. Over time the vision came to pass through faith and action. The Bible confirms this very truth in James 2:17 stating, “So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.” Now is the time to put your faith and vision into activation mode.
Here are a few practical ways to get ready for 2017 in advance:
- Pray and ask the Lord to give you wisdom on what needs to be done in the new year relating to your vision. Be still and know that He is God and trust His guidance through every pen stroke.
- Purchase a white poster board, grab a few colored markers and prepare to be creative! Draw a big circle in the middle of the poster with several lines (such as an outline), and write 2017 right in the center. From there, begin writing down what the vision entails. Let it flow. This could be quite fun but even more productive.
- Sit quietly at your kitchen table or home office, close your eyes and envision your business, ministry or idea in full operation. What do you see? Who do you see working to help you fulfill it all? Whatever you see behind your closed eyelids, open your eyes and write it down. Then repeat the exercise until you have it all written down. You’ll be amazed at what you see when it’s all right in front of you!
- Write your vision statement. You’ll need this if you’re planning to start a business or non-profit organization, anyway, so why not get a head start?
- Journal it. Record the new things you would like to do or try in 2017. This practical activity is not only about being proactive, but it’s refreshing and therapeutic as well. Even better, this is a great way to look back and see your progress throughout the year and at the end of it.
- Order or purchase the book, “Visioneering: God’s Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Vision” by Andy Stanley. It’s an action-packed great read.
It’s time to take action with your vision! Are you ready? Believe it, see it, write it and get ready for success in 2017.