Reset: You Can Rewrite Your Life
Is your fear holding you hostage to a life that’s beneath you? Have you forgotten that you have the power to change your life? Maybe past fears and failures have you stuck in a place of fear, but I want to remind you that you have the power to rewrite your life. You are bigger than the fears trying to hold you in bondage! Here’s one of my favorite quotes: "Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be so brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are we not to be? You are a child of God: Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Mariam Williamson
Fear will cause us to accept mere existence rather than living, which is so far beneath the life God created for us. Fear tells us that we can’t build the dreams God has given us. Fear will trick us into settling for things that we should never tolerate. Fear wants to control our thinking so we accept limitations as normal living. Our fear keeps us from seeing that millions of others have overcome the same issue--not because they are favored or more blessed--but because they eradicated the fear by dealing with their thinking. They disproved the lies established by fear by taking consistent counteractions to their fears.
If others have overcome fear to achieve their goals, then so can you. It’s time to step out of fear and move forward.
Here are five steps to rewrite your life:
1) Decide: Make a decision that you will change and change your world.
2) Refuse to allow failure to be final: Reflect on your mistakes, learn from them and release them. It’s time to move forward.
3) Build a dream team: Find a group of people (mentors, coaches and friends) who challenge you to move forward. Get away from people who only talk about the problems, and find people who discuss how to find a solution.
4) Develop successful systems: Changing your life requires systems. Determine what you need to do to change. Create systems and schedules to get it done. Check your progress. Adjust, adapt and keep moving.
5) Do all you can and trust God to do what you can't: God wants you to succeed a lot more than you do. He's given you everything you need to be successful; however, He needs you to do your part. When you have done the natural, you can expect the supernatural.
Push the reset button!