Mouth-watering MOGUL Meals
Some days you don’t feel like cooking and that’s when you make a run to the kids’ favorite fast food place. Yes, you feel guilty because it is not necessarily healthy, but it gets you out of cooking. Let’s shake this up a bit for the next few months. Let me introduce you to mouth-watering MOGUL Meals, which are some of my favorite easy dishes that we have created in our kitchen.
BUFFALO CHICKEN (to put on rice or spaghetti)
8 to 10 chicken strips
1 bottle of Frank’s Red White
1/2 cup of Louisiana Hot Wing Sauce
1. Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low.
2. After cooking for three hours, turn the chicken over in the crockpot and continue cooking.
3. After six hours, get a plate and some tongs. Take out the strips and shred them. Put the shredded strips back in the slow cooker and stir together.
4. Serve over cooked rice or thin spaghetti. You can also make a sandwich using potato buns.
1 box of au gratin potatoes
3/4 cup of milk
1-1/2 tablespoons of butter
1 lb. of hot Italian sausage (bulk not links)
1 cup of frozen cut green beans
1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Cook Italian sausage in a skillet, chopping it up while cooking. Drain off any excess fat.
2. Partially cook the frozen cut green beans in the microwave for about 3 minutes, drain off any water.
3. Boil 2 cups of water as per instructions for the au gratin potatoes. Follow the instructions for prepping the au gratin potatoes (baking not stove top).
4. Once the Au Gratin potatoes are prepped in a casserole dish, mix in most of the shredded Mexican blend cheese (saving some for on top of the casserole), the cooked sausage and green beans.
5. Top the casserole dish with remaining shredded cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at recommended time, usually about 26 to 28 minutes.
CHICKEN PINEAPPLE DISH
1 box of chicken Rice-A-Roni
2 tablespoons butter
1 can of pineapple tidbits
1 large can of chicken breast meat
1. Prepare the chicken Rice-A-Roni as per the instructions, BUT only use 2 cups of water. (The missing 1/2 cup of water will be replaced with the juice from the pineapples.)
2. When the chicken Rice-A-Roni has simmered for about 15 minutes, add in the pineapples and juice and canned chicken. (If you bought the chunk chicken breast, break it up with a fork; it shreds easily.)
3. Add about 4 tablespoons of Siracha sauce. (Season to your family’s palette.)
4. Mix everything together and simmer to the final cooking time recommended on the box until the rice is tender.
TWIN’S FAVORITE SMOOTHIE
1 packet of strawberry kiwi Emer-Gen-C
1 packet of raspberry Emer-Gen-C
1 and 1/2-scoop of vanilla rice protein powder (2 tablespoons if no scoop)
1 cup of vanilla almond milk
1 cup of mango pineapple juice (or other citrus juice)
2 cups of strawberries OR 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries and 1 banana
1 tablespoon of flax seed oil
Note: You can use any fruit you like.
1. Place the ingredients in the Vita-Mix or blender in the order listed in the recipe. You can mix and match the Emer-Gen-C and also the liquid. If you don’t want vanilla almond milk, just use juice (4 cups). The max would be enough for four people at one time with a Vita-Mix.