Pan seared asparagus
Hate it or love it, asparagus needs to be on your list of cool foods to eat. It can do no wrong in my book. It is a superfood, rich in fiber, folate, vitamin B-12, iron, zinc, amino acids and a host of other goodies your body needs. This green vegetable is said to help reduce the frequency of headaches as well as help transport glucose from your bloodstream into your cells. In other words, it’s nature’s medicine.
Grab a stalk and make this tasty recipe below.
PAN SEARED ASPARAGUS
1 bunch of asparagus (Try the purple or white varieties, too) with woody stems trimmed
Ground black pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
2 squeezes fresh lemon juice
Grapeseed oil or canola oil to coat pan
1. In a shallow pan, heat grapeseed or canola oil.
2. Add minced garlic, and cook for one minute.
3. Add asparagus to the pan and season with salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice.
4. Toss to coat evenly.
5. Cook asparagus 2 to 5 minutes or to your liking of doneness.
6. Serve and enjoy immediately.