Savoring Summer Before It Slips Away!
About this time of year, you realize that summer is quickly slipping away! Unlike when we were kids and summer seemed like it lasted almost forever, as adults, we know all too well how quickly summer disappears!
Soon enough, we will be cozying up inside as the days grow shorter and cooler. We will be planning for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and pulling out the sweaters and flannel PJs!
But, for these last few weeks of summer, we can savor the days and moments that are left! Of course, each of us has a different idea about what would top our list of things we must do before summer ends.
Here are a few ideas to savor every last minute of summer. Try to do at least five of them before the summer slips away!
- Go to a free outdoor concert or outdoor festival
- Bring a picnic to the nearest lake or beach
- Turn off the electronics and get outside
- Gaze at the moon and the stars
- Pick some wildflowers for your bedside table
- Play mini golf with a group of fun friends
- Blow bubbles or fly a kite
- Take a spur of the moment road trip
- Play out in the rain
- Read an inspirational book--start to finish--in a day
- Visit a vineyard/winery
- Dine al fresco
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Enjoy a nap in a hammock
- Plan a day trip to a place you’ve never been
- Watch fireflies, preferably with someone under five years old
- Have a water gun or water balloon fight
- Watch the sunset/sunrise with your best friend
- Lay on the grass and watch the cloud shapes roll by
- Paint your toenails a shocking color
- Visit a garden with water fountains
- Make your own ice cream or sorbet
- Enjoy a fresh fruit salad
- Eat a lobster roll
- Enjoy an evening with friends in front of a fire pit, toasting marshmallows