10 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Marriage
Have you ever heard the phrase, “Marriage takes work!” Well, it’s absolutely true! Once the honeymoon phase wears off, real life as a married couple begins. And it’s a roller coaster ride, full of ups and downs from there.
Yet, it’s also action-packed with twists and turns, such as adding kids to the mix and unexpected sweet surprises. Then, of course, there are the huge dips at times. For instance, tests and trials come out of nowhere that just takes your breath away! With all of that going on, sometimes you simply have to take time to rejuvenate your marriage.
As wives, we have a lot of everyday responsibilities and demands. The number #1 role is that you are to be your husband’s help meet as Genesis 2:18 states. Marriage is a beautiful thing. Yet, it can oftentimes make you want to scream, “Help me, Lord!”
Thank God, He is there to help. Psalm 46:1 says, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” This can serve as a very powerful, life-giving verse in a time of need. He will give you wisdom when you need it. That’s vital! But He will also give you fresh ideas when it’s time for you and your husband to live more abundantly, love each other deeper, and laugh out loud again.
Here are 10 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Marriage:
- Plan a “surprise” evening getaway for your husband (blindfold him until you reach the location).
- Go on a city-wide scavenger hunt together (i.e. create a list of free things to get and work together to find each item--like a ketchup packet from McDonalds, a free realtor guide from the grocery store, a napkin from Starbucks, etc.) Don’t forget to have dinner afterward!
- Tickle one another, run around the house together or have an old-fashioned pillow fight.
- Take him to Hawaii at home! (i.e. go to your local party store and buy the grass skirt, coconuts, décor, Hawaiian music and cook the native dish. Even create the plane tickets!)
- Travel the world in your home (in each room, create a different destination).
- Make it a “sports” night! If your hubby likes basketball, create a “For Love and Basketball” theme (get a reasonable jersey, long socks, buy some basketball party stuff, prepare some finger food, etc.) Don’t forget the basketball!
- Wake up early and bring him breakfast in bed.
- Book a bed and breakfast and relax together for a night or two.
- Plan a cruise, take a local boat ride or dine at a dinner theater.
- Attend a marriage refresher conference like the “Weekend to Remember” near your city! (Visit www.familylife.com/weekendtoremember for more info!)
Put some of these tips into practice and before you know it, you will be revitalized in no time! Start refreshing your relationship today. You’ll be amazed at how much closer, lighter, loved and energized you’ll both feel when it’s all said and done. Are you ready to be rejuvenated?
Photo Credit: PicJumbo