Five Ways to Find a Life Partner!
There is hope. Whether you have waited 10 years or 10 months for a life partner, the doors of marriage are not closed to you. Oftentimes, you can prevent yourself from becoming marriage material. This could be because of high expectations, waiting for Mr. Perfect, or just simply looking for love in all the wrong places.
Here are five ways that will help you get closer to finding a life partner.
1) The waiting game: There is a myth that your perfect mate will find you so you don’t have to do anything practical except wait. This is not always true. If you mainly stay at home, aside from going to work, it is very unlikely you will have the opportunity to meet anyone new. Get out there, even if it’s going to the museum or reading a book at a coffee shop. Create opportunities to meet new people.
2) Pray him into being: I am a strong believer in prayer, but oftentimes, you are praying for a dream man to come into your life rather than a real man who may not tick all the boxes on your checklist. A good husband is not sent down from Heaven as a perfect being. He is a work in progress, like you. So as you continue to pray, pray and watch. If any potential male approaches you, let your focus be friendship first before you mention he is the one or write him off. Many times, the ideal man you are looking for comes in a very different package than you imagined.
3) Don’t be single minded: One of my closest friends told me this valuable advice when I was single. Make friends with people who are married. Sometimes when we hang out consistently with a group of single women, it can be difficult for a prospective man to approach you. Believe it or not, a man can feel very intimidated when he is approaching a group of women he does not know.
4) Dating for data: If you have been single for a while, platonic dating could be a good way to find out what you want in a life partner. It can also be a good way of building your confidence, especially if you have not been on a date in a while.
5) Be the best you can be every day! It’s not easy being single. It has its highs and lows. I was single for 10 years before I met my husband. However, I would encourage you to continue to chase your dreams. Keep on looking fabulous for you and love yourself to the max, even with all your imperfections. If you don’t, no one else is going to love you.
Photo Credit: iStock